I have a general practice of law and my present work includes:
- Advanced care/incapacity planning
- Wills, estates and probate
- Family matters
- Real estate and other property matters
- Advanced Care/Incapacity Planning (Power of Attorneys and Representation Agreements)
- Business Matters such as Incorporations, Partnership Agreements and Business Purchase and Sale
- This list is not exhaustive. Please feel free to call to see if I can help you with your matter of present concern.
There are many situations which arise in life and for which we cannot plan – often involving harm caused to us by the unforeseeable actions of another. But there are many more issues which arise because people fail to take care of their legal needs at first instance – problems which may have been avoided by some planning in advance – a well-considered Will or incapacity document, a co-habitation or a separation agreement and an employment contract, just to name a few.
My first 30 years as a lawyer were spent primarily as a litigator in civil disputes. Many of those cases arose as a result of a lack of consideration of legal rights and needs when it would have been prudent to do so. My experience in this world of litigation has been invaluable for the lessons provided as to what should be done at the beginning of many life events, so that litigation does not later become the end result. While the court system provides an invaluable opportunity to pursue rights and remedies against one who has caused you harm, nonetheless it should only ever be used as a last resort – the emotional and financial cost can be considerable. My extensive experience in the legal world has provided me with the knowledge as to what can be done to avoid disputes, how to resolve disputes through negotiation and mediation, and how to use the court system where no other reasonable alternative is possible.