We have a general practice of law and our present work includes:
- Wills, estates and probate
- Family matters
- Real estate and other property matters
- Advanced Care/Incapacity Planning (Power of Attorneys and Representation Agreements)
- Business Matters such as Incorporations, Partnership Agreements and Business Purchases and Sales
- This list is not exhaustive. Please feel free to call to see if we can help you with your matter of present concern.
There are many situations which arise in life and for which we cannot plan – often involving harm caused to us by the unforeseeable actions of another. But there are many more issues which arise because people fail to take care of their legal needs at first instance – problems which may have been avoided by some planning in advance – a well-considered Will or incapacity document, a co-habitation or a separation agreement and an employment contract, just to name a few.
Many legal problems arise because of a lack of consideration about one’s legal rights and needs. Quality legal advice can help you know what should be done when these difficulties arise, so that litigation does not later become the end result.
While the court system provides an invaluable opportunity to pursue rights and remedies against one who has caused you harm, it should only ever be used as a last resort, as the emotional and financial costs can be considerable. Our extensive experience in the legal world has provided us with the knowledge as to what can be done to avoid disputes, how to resolve disputes through negotiation and mediation, and how to use the court system where no other reasonable alternative is possible.